Autumn Kadai Pumpkin Soup Recipe 23/09/19
With chilly nights and crispy copper leaves falling off the trees, light your Kadai, sit yourself down, and be wrapped up in the coziness of crackling flames and good company. Feast, drink and share your best spooky tale!
Warm yourself up with this perfect autumnal Pumpkin soup recipe packed full of delicious flavour prepared on the Kadai fire-pit.
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Serves: 6
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 1kg pumpkin, chopped into chunks
• 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
• 150ml double cream
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the cooking bowl, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
2. Add 1kg pumpkin, cut into chunks, to the cooking bowl, then carry on cooking for 8 – 10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
3. Pour 700ml vegetable or chicken stock into the cooking bowl and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 mins until the pumpkin is very soft.
4. Pour 150ml double cream into the cooking bowl and bring back to the boil. For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve before serving.
5. Finish with a swish of double cream on top – enjoy!