Halloween Pumpkin Cake Recipe 31/10/16
As a topical challenge, we asked Sue to cook up a halloween recipe – she started talking about dirty pumpkins?!, but then made us this treat in the Kamado Joe.
- 250g of grated pumpkin
- 150g butter
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- 200g self-raising flower
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 75g dried mixed fruit (cranberries/raisins/currants)
- Melt the butter and put into a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar and beaten eggs – give it all a stir.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into the mixture and combine with a spoon.
- Add the dried mixed fruit (it should look like a sloppy mess!).
- Put the mixture into a lined and greased spring form tin and bake for 45 mins to an hour (depending on temperature).
- Test with a skewer to check that the cake is cooked.
- Cool on a baking tray.
- This cake is yummy on its own, or can be served warm with custard, cream or icecream.
Outdoor Ovens – view the full Outdoor Cooking range