Sausage, Leek & Cider Pot Recipe 03/11/16
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 12 Sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks (washed and thinly sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml dry cider
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Pinch Nutmeg (goes great with leeks)
- 2 eating apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- Salt & pepper
- Grill the sausages over your Kadai Firebowl until evenly browned, then put them aside on a plate while you make the rest of the dish.
- In your hanging bowl, put in some olive oil and add the leeks. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook for about ten minutes until the leeks are just wilted.
- Stir in the flour and add the cider, chicken stock and mustard. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (possibly grate the nutmeg away from the Kadai if it’s a bit smokey – see the bottom of the page for Sue having fun in the smoke).
- Put the sausages back into the pan and add in the apples. Cook for about 30 minutes (depending on the heat of your fire) or until the sausages are cooked through.
- Serve with jacket potatoes that you can also cook in your firebowl – wrap in tinfoil and cook in the hot ashes for about an hour (put these in before you start cooking your sausages).
Outdoor Ovens – view the full Outdoor Cooking range
Daredevil Sue grates nutmeg with her eyes closed!