Wonderful Waffles Recipe 08/02/17
With Valentines day coming, we’ve rustled up a simple yet special recipe that will impress your partner! The Wonderful Waffle Recipe is really easy and great fun.
We used the skillet pans (Kadai set of 3) which are great for all types of cooking both outside (on any type of BBQ) and inside on your hob.
Waffle mixture Ingredients:
- 75g plain flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 15g sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 150ml milk
- 25g melted butter
- Few drops vanilla paste
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the middle and add the egg yolk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and add the milk and melted butter. Beat well together and add few drops vanilla paste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff (but not dry) and fold into the batter with a large metal spoon.
- Heat up your skillet pan with some butter on it and drop tablespoons of mixture into the pan. You can make the waffles as big or small as you like. (This mixture made about 14 small waffles).
- Cook for about a minute on the first side, it will be ready to turn over when dimples start to appear on the surface. Cook for another minute on the other side and then take out of the pan and put into a dish to keep warm.
- Continue to cook the waffles until you run out of mixture.
Tips and Tricks for wonderful waffles on the Kadai Fire Bowl
-Serve with fruit, chocolate spread and cream or your favourite topping, even just a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
-Why not add some red food colouring to add an extra boost of colour and create a lovely Valentines surprise.
Kadai Firebowls- view the full Kadai Firebowl range
Outdoor Cookers- view the full Outdoor Cooking range